"Flutter App - Google's gift to Mobile App Development or Not?"
What is Flutter?
As per the official Flutter Website, " Flutter is Google’s mobile app SDK, complete with a framework, widgets, and tools, that gives developers an easy way to build and deploy visually attractive, fast mobile apps on both Android and iOS platforms".
To put into simple words, flutter app simplifies mobile app developments in many ways.
With this simple technology, you do not have to develop different codes for Android and iOS Apps.
It enables cross-platform mobile app development through which you can develop a mobile app for both Android and iOS with one codebase.
Many renowned developers believe that Flutter App is a revolutionary concept in Mobile App Development.
It combines the ease of Android App Development with the sophistication of iOS App Development to give the developers the best of both worlds.
However, there's a small catch. Flutter App is actually an SDK and not a language.
An SDK or software development kit is basically a toolkit which contains libraries, documentation and other tool required for software development.
So, in order to learn the Flutter App, one must know the DART language. ( It is simple enough, don't worry)
To elaborate further, we have tried to explain the pros and cons of using Flutter App below -
The Pros of Flutter App
- It is free and open source making it an extremely cost-efficient, quickly deployable and easy-to-learn technology.
- Is based and dependent on DART– which is already known to be a result-oriented and fast programming language.
- With a wide variety of widgets created with its own better-performing engine, Flutter App facilitates the development of highly customizable and creatively gratifying mobile applications in both Android and iOS.
- Mobile App Customization and flexibility are the need of the hour. Flutter App is an open-source tool which implies the potential of every type of customization in mobile app development is endless through it.
- Reactive Programming is majorly involved in the architecture of Flutter App (even React was made from the same _ - Hot Realoding enables changes to reflect at the run time. Hence, there's no need to restart the app.
The Cons of Flutter App
No matter how easy it is, you will have to learn a new language DART in order to understand this app.
The file size is large - 4 MBS.
When it comes to the third part, the library is limited.
Flutter designs the UI in its own customized manner; it doesn’t create native components.
In conclusion, we would like to state that Flutter is relatively new in the world of Mobile App Development but it is still a better option for startups.
Reduced cost, decreased timelines, quick App Development and scope for customization makes it a boon for startups.
If you're looking for developing a robust and attractive Mobile App, head to our Mobile App Development section.
If you have any other queries, contact us.